LEAVE RECORDED QUESTION OR COMMENT FOR SHOW! Leave me voicemail

Monday, August 29, 2011

3 magical questions

The DSP blog has recommended patients consider the Ask Me 3 approach when at the doctor (Ask Me 3). But I think those three questions (1. What is my main problem?  2. What do I need to do?  3. Why is it important for me to do this?) might stifle the discussion a bit.


While I hate to admit this, because it apparently has originated from England, I think some researchers at Cardiff and the Vale University Board (whatever that is) might have come up with 3 better questions:  


1.  What are my options?  
2.  What are the possible benefits and risks of those options?  
3.  How likely are the benefits and risks of each option to occur?


Are you going to the doctor soon and at risk for a prostate exam?  Ask your doctor these questions about your options re prostate screening, and tell me how well they work.    



No comments:

Post a Comment